It’s an exciting time for Coventry as we gear up to welcome the Olympic games but while we are all enjoying the festivities and fun that the greatest event on earth brings, what does the influx of visitors and attention on the city mean to your business?
There are some obvious positives – the profile of Coventry and its businesses will be raised and you will have the opportunity to bring your products and services to a wider audience but it also brings with it problems, particularly for SMEs.
A recent Lords debate at the end of March raised the subject of the potential disruption to businesses during the Olympic Games. Like London, Coventry will be seeing a surge in visitors meaning an increase in the amount of people on the roads and even more congestion. Have you considered the possibility that members of your staff may not be able to get to work on time – if at all?
If you are technology savvy and your Coventry business is using cloud computing then this possibility need not be a worry. Cloud computing offers total flexibility to your business and allows you to access your work computer network at any time from anywhere in the world – taking work out of normal business hours and out into the modern day business world, where a lot of productivity happens on the move. With cloud computing, staff are able to work from home, on public transport from laptops and iPads or even in their local coffee house, meaning that your business does not have to suffer from increased congestion on the roads.
Another point raised in the House of the Lords was the potential effects of a cyber surge in view of the huge interest there will be in the Olympic Games themselves. With more and more people accessing Coventry and using our Wi-Fi ports around the area, will your business be able to survive a high demand for internet capabilities?
With cloud computing, your business uses a high performance IT network which offers increased bandwidth compared to any other network, making your business a lot more resilient. Cloud computing automatically updates software and facilities in the cloud so it does not affect your on-going usage. What’s more – it is just about as safe an IT network as it is possible to find.
Cloud computing comes with enhanced security packages that protect your business from external and internal threats to your network. Our own cloud computing solution, Cloudmetix, is protected by the latest security appliances and software from Cisco and Symantec. The datacentre is protected by 24/7 perimeter security and CCTV with scheduled authorised access only with photo-ID.
Having a professional, reliable cloud computing service in place can guarantee that your business is not affected by the Olympic games. You need not worry about bandwidth surges, increased congestion or security because your cloud solution protects you against any threat to lost downtime and profit. Instead, you will just be free to enjoy a historic Olympic games and cheer Team GB up the medals table.
Once again the advantage of agility has come up trumps when investigating the reasons behind a company’s adoption of cloud computing. Following recent reports that indicate that the UK economy is likely to become even more hazardous this year, it is no surprise to hear that businesses are looking to become as agile as possible and work from anywhere in the world, at any time of day.
According to a recent global survey of 3,645 IT decision makers, mobility is the top reason for adopting cloud computing, with 33% of companies stating that they have switched to cloud computing in order to access information from any device. This supports the findings of our own poll (http://www.cloudmetix.net/) which found that having access to business IT 24/7 and from anywhere in the world was the key benefit to drive people to adopt a cloud platform.
We have always waxed lyrical about the importance of staying ahead of the game when it comes to business agility and by ensuring your IT systems are safe, secure, and making a contribution to business efficiencies, you can stay ahead of your competitors.
The advantages of using cloud computing are enormous. Allowing better communications across departments and multi-sites, greater operational efficiencies and more effective ways of working, cloud computing allows you to take your work with you far beyond the typical 9-5 working realms. When coupled with cost savings scalability and energy reduction, cloud computing is an attractive option for many SMEs with professional services companies already expressing a keen interest.
Of course, we have known this for a while which is why our very own Cloudmetix programme has been leading the cloud computing revolution in the Midlands for a very long time. As one of the first cloud computing platforms to be launched in the Midlands, it has already been taken up by a number of local companies who recognise that IT provision is entering a new era with Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) increasing in popularity.
Propel your business into the 21st century by adopting the Cloudmetix cloud computing programme today. Call one of our friendly advisors on 024 7640 8100 to experience Cloudmetix for yourself.
- Last year the snow caused staff shortages for 73% of companies and of these only 39% had the ability to work remotely. Cloud computing is renowned for its ability to allow employees to access the business from any location in the world. This combats any weather related issues that could hinder business at any point in the year, providing there is an internet connection.
- The cloud computing market is expected to rise from $40.7 billion to $241 billion by 2020. Depending on these figures, cloud computing could save 85 million tons in annual net CO₂ savings by the same year which shows the green effect it will have on the world.
- According to IBM’s Chief Technology Officer, cloud computing reduces IT labour costs by 50%. When a cloud system is implemented into a business, the majority of the IT responsibility is shifted across to the providers. Therefore all software updates and technical issues no longer have to be addressed individually.
- Cloud computing can save small business energy costs by 90%. This is an increasingly popular incentive for businesses to adopt a cloud system. Not only does it reduce your company’s carbon footprint, but you can also increase your CSR credentials. It’s a win/win all round.
- 82% of small businesses say it’s important to buy cloud computing from a company with local reach. At Netmetix we offer the chance for businesses to visit our data centre site for their own piece of mind. We find that customers are generally happier when they know their cloud provider is local. It adds the “human” element rather than dealing with a large faceless corporation that focuses on volume business rather than quality of service.
- 58% agree that being on the cloud has given them better control of their data. Being able to access your company’s data and IT systems whenever and wherever you want means that you are always in control of what is happening in your business.
- 41% of profit-focused small business owners plan to invest in the cloud by 2014. It is evident that small businesses are recognising the benefits of cloud computing as the uptake is constantly increasing. Companies are recognising the value and benefit of Software as a Service and Infrastructure as a Service, which dispense with the need for expensive capital equipment and costly installation and upgrades of software.
- Industry use of Cloud Computing: Financial Services 63%, Manufacturing 62%, Healthcare 59%, Transportation 51%
Four main industries are predominantly using cloud platforms already for their business. This illustrates the continuity in demand for such a system.
- 50% agree that business agility is the primary reason for adopting cloud applications. The fact that cloud offers elasticity and complete flexibility of service to companies, means that business operations can be carried out far more efficiently.
- 72% of organisations using private cloud servers have improved end-user experience. We have found that cloud creates a more productive and engaging working environment for employees, leading to higher levels of motivation and performance.
Take our Poll and let us know how you feel about cloud computing. Is it something you have experience of already? Or are you looking to move your business IT to the cloud in the near future?
Cloudmetix offers you all the benefits of cloud computing and more. We would love to give you a free demonstration, or why not try it for yourself using our 30-day no obligation trial.
You have nothing to lose, and everything to gain through business process improvements.
Call us today or visit our website: http://www.cloudmetix.net