Top 10 Cloud Computing Statistics
- Last year the snow caused staff shortages for 73% of companies and of these only 39% had the ability to work remotely. Cloud computing is renowned for its ability to allow employees to access the business from any location in the world. This combats any weather related issues that could hinder business at any point in the year, providing there is an internet connection.
- The cloud computing market is expected to rise from $40.7 billion to $241 billion by 2020. Depending on these figures, cloud computing could save 85 million tons in annual net CO₂ savings by the same year which shows the green effect it will have on the world.
- According to IBM’s Chief Technology Officer, cloud computing reduces IT labour costs by 50%. When a cloud system is implemented into a business, the majority of the IT responsibility is shifted across to the providers. Therefore all software updates and technical issues no longer have to be addressed individually.
- Cloud computing can save small business energy costs by 90%. This is an increasingly popular incentive for businesses to adopt a cloud system. Not only does it reduce your company’s carbon footprint, but you can also increase your CSR credentials. It’s a win/win all round.
- 82% of small businesses say it’s important to buy cloud computing from a company with local reach. At Netmetix we offer the chance for businesses to visit our data centre site for their own piece of mind. We find that customers are generally happier when they know their cloud provider is local. It adds the “human” element rather than dealing with a large faceless corporation that focuses on volume business rather than quality of service.
- 58% agree that being on the cloud has given them better control of their data. Being able to access your company’s data and IT systems whenever and wherever you want means that you are always in control of what is happening in your business.
- 41% of profit-focused small business owners plan to invest in the cloud by 2014. It is evident that small businesses are recognising the benefits of cloud computing as the uptake is constantly increasing. Companies are recognising the value and benefit of Software as a Service and Infrastructure as a Service, which dispense with the need for expensive capital equipment and costly installation and upgrades of software.
- Industry use of Cloud Computing: Financial Services 63%, Manufacturing 62%, Healthcare 59%, Transportation 51%
Four main industries are predominantly using cloud platforms already for their business. This illustrates the continuity in demand for such a system.
- 50% agree that business agility is the primary reason for adopting cloud applications. The fact that cloud offers elasticity and complete flexibility of service to companies, means that business operations can be carried out far more efficiently.
- 72% of organisations using private cloud servers have improved end-user experience. We have found that cloud creates a more productive and engaging working environment for employees, leading to higher levels of motivation and performance.
Take our Poll and let us know how you feel about cloud computing. Is it something you have experience of already? Or are you looking to move your business IT to the cloud in the near future?
Cloudmetix offers you all the benefits of cloud computing and more. We would love to give you a free demonstration, or why not try it for yourself using our 30-day no obligation trial.
You have nothing to lose, and everything to gain through business process improvements.
Call us today or visit our website: http://www.cloudmetix.net
Posted on November 9, 2011, in Cloud Computing, Cloudmetix, Hosting, Network Solutions and tagged business agility, Cloud Computing, cloud computing Coventry, cloud computing West Midlands, Cloudmetix, green business, Infrastructure As A Service, IT costs, secure data, Software As A Service, top ten. Bookmark the permalink. 3 Comments.